|Cover date||Sale date||Special issue||Copy and payment due||Jan 10, 2013||Dec 27, 2012||MLA Issue: On sale 4 weeks||Dec 3, 2011|
|Feb 7||Jan 24||Jan 2|
|Feb 21||Feb 7||Jan 14|
|Mar 7||Feb 21||Jan 28|
|Mar 21||Mar 7||Feb 11|
|Apr 4||Mar 21||Spring Books Issue: On sale 3 weeks||Feb 25||Apr 25||Apr 11||London Book Fair Issue||Mar 18|
|May 9||Apr 25||Apr 1|
|May 23||May 9||Apr 15|
|Jun 6||May 23||Book Expo Issue||Apr 29|
|Jun 20||Jun 6||University Press Issue: On sale 3 weeks||May 13|
|Jul 11||Jun 27||Fiction Issue: On sale 5 weeks||Jun 3|
|Aug 15||Aug 1||Summer Issue: On sale 6 weeks||Jun 24|
|Sep 26||Sep 12||Fall Books Issue||Aug 19|
|Oct 10||Sep 26||Sep 2|
|Oct 24||Oct 10||Frankfurt Book Fair Issue||Sep 16|
|Nov 7||Oct 24||Oct 1|
|Nov 21||Nov 7||Oct 14|
|Dec 5||Nov 21||Oct 28|
|Dec 19||Dec 5||Holiday Issue: On sale 3 weeks||Nov 11|
|Jan 3, 2014||Dec 26, 2013||MLA: On sale 4 weeks||Dec 2, 2013|
Classified Display Rates
|1 time||$285 per column inch|
|2-4 times||$270 per column inch|
|5-9 times||$255 per column inch|
|10-19 times||$240 per column inch|
|20 times||$220 per column inch|
|Fourcolor||$75 per insertion|
|Dimensions:||Column width is 2.25 inches. Minimum depth is 1”.|
General Classified Listings Rates
|1 time||$6.15 per word|
|2-4 times||$5.80 per word|
|5-9 times||$5.50 per word|
|10-19 times||$5.20 per word|
|20 times||$4.90 per word|
|Box fee||$32.50 per insertion|
|Color rental photo||$75|
Personals and Personal Services Rates
|1 time||$5.85 per word|
|2-4 times||$5.35 per word|
|5-9 times||$4.90 per word|
|10-19 times||$4.75 per word|
|20 times||$4.60 per word|
|Box fee||$32.50 per insertion|
• Minimum requirement: 15 words
• The box fee includes forwarding for six months and the additional words in each listing: “NYR Box 00000”
• Telephone numbers count as one word; e-mail addresses count as two; Web sites count as three.
Terms and Frequency
• All rates are per issue.
• A contract year is twenty consecutive issues. Time discounts apply only to advertisements inserted during one contract year.
• Ads must arrive by mail, fax, or e-mail along with name, address, and daytime telephone number. If address and telephone number are not provided, The New York Review will not be responsible for printing errors or omissions.
• Ads will not be taken over the phone.
• All orders must be prepaid. We accept payment by U.S. check, money order, or credit card: American Express, MasterCard, or Visa.
• All contents are subject to the Publisher’s approval. Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertising at any time.
Preferred format for classified display ads: High-resolution PDFs with fonts embedded or outlined.
All Classified Listings and Classified Display ads will be included onThe New York Review of Books‘s Web site (www.nybooks.com) at no additional charge.
Rentals & Real Estate: An image of your property can be posted on our Web site for 10% of the total cost of your ad. We will post an image of your property gratis for any listing booked five or more times per year.
Send materials and correspondence to:
Maddie Hester, Classified Advertising Department
The New York Review of Books
435 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10014
phone: 212-293-1630 fax: 212-333-5374